In this fly & drive you will get the opportunity to discover the authentic Andalusia
during 2 weeks.
Day 1 & 2: Arrival Day – FRIGILIANA, MALAGA
Visit Málaga. You will be staying in a charming, country style hotel in the heart of charming town Frigiliana. Experience the true authentic Andalusian feel. Great view on the sea and mountains. With swimming pool. It is the birthplace of the international acclaimed painter Pablo Picasso. You can visit his native home and museum with a private collection of Picasso.
Málaga has a rich and varied culture.
Visit the old historic centre and discover the ruins of a roman amphitheatre, the castle of Gibralfaro which is connected to the fortress called Alcazaba.
Frigiliana is one of the most beautiful white village of Andalusia, located right above Nerja in the mountains from where you have a spectacular sea view.
- Caminito del Rey (on request). Follow the King´s footsteps and walk along the pathway that used to be the most dangerous in the world! Discover the trail, a marvel 105m above the ground that was opened by King Alfonso XIII in 1921 and has been recently refurbished to guarantee safety of all visitors. Our guide can pick you up at your accommodation and take you there.
- Visit to an ecological Orange Grove. Here Juanito, or a member of his family will give you an amazing tour and you will learn and discover many incredible “miracles” he is able to make by “playing” with nature. Our guide will pick you up at your accommodation for this unique experience.
- Relax in the beautiful Hamman Al-Andalus. A spacious place where you can relive the splendour of that era. Located in the centre, in the old Medina, very close to the ruins of the city’s old Arab wall, these Arabic baths are infused with the warm and luminous atmosphere that is so characteristic of the area, and recreate the social ritual of Andalusia that is currently attracting most interest.
Day 3 & 4: GRANADA
Your hotel is in central Granada. It is in walking distance of the best points of interest in Granada. Comfort and cosiness combined.
Granada is the city of 1001 nights where fairy tales seem to come to life.
Visit the Alhambra and the gardens of the Generalife. (entrance ticket on request)
Visit the cathedral with the tombs of the royal kings.
Discover and relax in a Hamman (steam bath). (entrance ticket on request)
Visit the Albayzin (Arab quarter) with a beautiful panoramic view over the Alhambra and the Sierra Nevada mountains.
Your accommodation is in the city centre, so have a refreshing beer or a glass of wine while enjoying free tapas. Your accommodation is on a perfect central location in the historic centre of Granada.
Day 5 & 6: BAEZA, JAÉN
The hotel is a restored mansion. Situated around a beautiful traditional Andalusian garden this hotel offers luxury in a beautiful, green location. With swimming pool.
Baeza is perched on a cliff in the Loma de Baeza, a mountain range between the river Guadalquivir on the south and Guadalimar on the north.
Ubeda and Baeza are two cities chiefly known today as having many preserved examples of Renaissance architecture. Visit the few palaces is a must. Visit the oil museum “Hacienda la Laguna” in Baeza.
Discover the beauty and biodiversity of the Natural Park of Sierra de Cazorla on a jeep 4×4.
Day 7 & 8: CORDOBA
Your hotel is situated in a quiet, residential neighbourhood. It is surrounded by beautiful gardens and provides all the luxury and comfort you need.
Cordoba is a captivating city full of history.
Visit the amazing Mosque and its red and white arches.
Visit also the Synagogue, situated in the heart of the Jewish quarter, one of the three best preserved Medieval synagogues in the whole of Spain. Discover the 13 patios of the Viana Palace. Enjoy the Montilla wines and taste the delicious Salmorejo (tomato cream).
Day 9 & 10: SEVILLA
The hotel is a modest, cosy place full of Andalusian character.
Seville is the capital of Andalusia: there is a lot to see and to discover. An absolute must: the cathedral with the tomb of Cristobal Colón and the Real Alcazar (royal palace) with the magnificent gardens. Enjoy a carriage ride through the Maria Luisa Park with the pavilions of expo 1929, Plaza de España and Plaza de Americas.
Make a bike trip along the Guadalquivir where you can see the expo-92.
A good flamenco show is an absolute must.
- Authentic Flamenco Show
- Guided Bike Tour through Cultural Seville
Day 11: PUERTO SANTA MARIA
You will be staying in a cosy hotel in the city centre. All rooms have a balcony.
El Puerto de Santa Maria is a leisure area par excellence, located just 10 minutes from the beach in the famous region Andalusia. A fishing port, which is part of the wine route. Good beaches, famous sherry bodegas and delicious seafood make this place worth a visit. Restaurant El Romerijo is one of the most famous restaurants and a must to go. From this town, you can catch a boat to visit Cadiz.
- Visit to an authentic sherry bodega with sherry tasting in the beautiful city Jerez de la Frontera
Day 12: RONDA
Your hotel is in Ronda’s town centre. It has modern, light rooms.
Ronda is set in and around a deep gorge spanned by an impressive bridge. You can visit this bridge called “El Tajo”. A visit to the oldest bullring of Spain and the bullfighting museum is a must. Have a walk through the narrow streets, until the cathedral. Enjoy the views from the gardens of Don Bosco´s house. Also go below the cliff and enjoy the beautiful natural environment between olive trees and vineyards.
- Visit of an ecological vineyard below Ronda from where we will have spectacular views on the village and its old bridge. In this beautiful natural area, we will have a wine tasting with selection of regional products, such as fresh baked bread from the village, tomatoes from the fields, regional ham and cheese, etc.
Day 13: PIZARRA (MALAGA PROVINCE)
You will be staying in a rural hotel with rooms set around a central patio.
Relax at the swimming pool and organize your trip with our local staff. Enjoy a carriage ride through the nature, visitina bull farm or making a nice hiking trip along the river. Wine and dine in our excellent restaurant and tapas bar. A visit to the natural area El Chorro near Álora is a must.
- Same as on Day 1 & 2
Day 14: DEPARTURE
From Pizarra it’s just 30 km to Malaga International Airport
Double room as from:
€650 per person
Price per person includes:
- 14 night lodgings with breakfast
- Information package (city plans, tourist info & interesting tips, good restaurants, how to find the hotels etc.). This package will be delivered at the 1st hotel.
NOT included, with supplement:
- Excursion to the Caminito del Rey on day 1, 2, 13 or 14 (on request)
- Excursion to the ecological Orange Grove of Juanito on day 1 2, 13 or 14 (€50 p/p)
- 1 entrance ticket to the Hamman Al-Andalus in Malaga on day 1, 2, 13 or 14 (as from €30 p/p)
- 1 entrance ticket to the Alhambra on day 3 or 4 – on request (as from €45 p/p)
- 1 entrance ticket to the Hamman in Granada on day 3 or 4 (as from €30 p/p)
- 1 entrance ticket for an authentic Flamenco show on Day 9 or 10 (€25 p/p)
- 1 guided bike tour through cultural Seville on Day 9 or 10 (€25 p/p)
- 1 visit to a sherry bodega specialized in old sherry’s + sherry tasting (€15)
- Excursion to an ecological vineyard and wine tasting with spectacular views of Ronda and it´s old bridge (€45 p/p)
* for the optional excursions, a minimum of 2 pax is required
** Some hotels might change according to availability
*** For the fair of Jerez and Moto championship the night in Puerto Santa Maria can be changed into 1 extra night in Seville or in Ronda. For the fair of Ronda and 101 km the night in Ronda can be changed into another night in Puerto de Santa Maria or another night in Pizarra (arrival dates: 22/04/2017-25/04/2017 and 28/08/2017-01/09/2017)